Is all this time at home causing you to re-evaluate how you use your home? Are you ready for some changes? Extending Grace is here to help with some ideas.
In the pre-COVID-19 world, many of us didn’t spend as much time at home as we do now. Work, school, schlepping kids all over the place and time with friends created a lifestyle that did not include lots of time hanging out at home. We liked our home, but our world did not revolve around it. That is changing for many, and in a lot of cases, that’s been a nice thing.
For many of us, our routines have changed:
- Perhaps you’re working from home and would love a place to spread out all your stuff so you don’t have to gather it up before each family meal.
- Perhaps you’d love a spot that’s all your own where you can have a bit of privacy and curl up with a book or listen to a podcast.
- Maybe you’ve discovered that your family loves board games and would really like a designated spot to keep an ongoing game of Monopoly or Battleship going.
- Maybe you started the garden of your dreams and you want really fun, funky pieces to store your stuff or entertain friends outside.
- Maybe you’ve become a master bread maker and would love to re-do your kitchen space with sturdy pieces that won’t break the bank.
One of the things we love about vintage, antique and re-purposed pieces is that they’ve stood the test of time.
Vintage pieces are typically well made and construction is solid. The finish or the color may date them, but in many cases, a bit of paint or stain can help you re-imagine them for your home.
Vintage pieces are also affordable. Scrolling through Instagram and Pinterest can often leave you feeling that the look you really want is unattainable. However, with a little work on your part to update them, vintage furniture and accessories fit nicely in your budget. And sometimes Mom and Dad, or your neighbor wanting to downsize are more than willing to share with you.
We work with lots of customers that don’t know where to start, but know they want to make some changes. We offer lots of workshops on how to paint your furniture and create amazing, one of a kind home accessories with Fusion Mineral Paint and Iron Orchid Design products. And if you’re not comfortable with workshops yet, we’ll point you to tutorials for you to watch from home. We carry all their products and are eager to get you started with them.